Dental Veneers SMH Dental Care
Dental veneers are made of thin plastic resin or porcelain. They are custom-made shells crafted of tooth-colored materials. They are designed to cover the front side of the teeth to improve the appearance of your smile. Dental veneers can be placed to:
- correct poorly formed teeth
- close gaps between teeth
- mask internal stains
- restore partially broken-down teeth
What are the benefits of veneers?
- Veneers provide a very natural finish. If you are concerned about misshapen, chipped or discoloured teeth, veneers can offer a long-lasting cosmetic solution.
- The colour of the porcelain veneer can be selected to match your existing teeth or to make them appear whiter.
- The porcelain finish also mimics the light-reflecting qualities of natural teeth, helping you achieve a brighter, natural -looking smile.
- Porcelain veneers are also more stain resistant and durable than composite bonding, and if looked after properly, can last for many years.
- Veneers offer a gentler approach to altering a tooth’s shape or colour than crowns, as only a small amount of enamel has to be removed to fit the veneer. Yet they offer similar strength and very natural looking results.